Saturday, February 16, 2008

Housekeeping Details for the Weekend

With the expansion of my coaching work with investment banks, hedge funds, and proprietary trading firms, I'm now finding myself traveling more frequently and more often outside the U.S. I'll be in the U.K. through Thursday working with traders, so my Twitter entries and blog posts will vary just a bit in frequency and timing. Tomorrow I plan my weekly review of market indicators, many of which support the recent post on money flows.

I'm noticing a dramatic increase in the number of emails I'm getting (my inbox stands at 898) requesting advice, coaching, or counseling about trading and personal issues. I would absolutely love to have the time to respond fully to all of these, but I'm afraid there just aren't enough hours in the day. Wherever possible, I'm happy to refer traders to resources that might be of help. If 3000 visitors come to the blog each day, however, and only 1% of them have questions, comments, or requests for assistance, that means I'm fielding 30 emails a day. Just a few minutes each consumes two or so hours a day. You can see the dilemma.

I very much value the comments to the blog and am happy to answer straightforward questions pertaining to the posts. With my travel schedule, writing needs (new book on the way!), and trading and family obligations, however, I'll have to limit the more extended requests for my time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may bring.

On a separate, but related matter, I'm also getting a number of requests to offer workshops or seminars for traders. As many readers are aware, I have completely withdrawn from the traditional "trader education" circuit, given the abysmal quality and high cost of the presentations. If there is a responsible trading group that would like to sponsor me for a Webinar (free of charge; I am not interested in doing this on a commercial basis), I'll be happy to schedule sessions on such topics as psychological self-help techniques for traders and using Excel to uncover historical market patterns. Last week I did a Webinar session for a software users' group and next week I'll do one for a prop group of traders. The sessions can be archived, they're free, and they don't require travel and time away from trading. That strikes me as a win-win.

Thanks, as always, for your interest and support!

Brett